Saturday, December 31, 2011

Man Dreads Holiday Events That Won't Be Very Merry

Man Dreads Holiday Events That Won't Be Very Merry

DEAR ABBY: I'm a 25-year-old male with a singular problem. My father has been dating a lady given we was 16 who has a daughter my age named "Emma." Over a years Emma and we became good friends -- afterwards some-more than that. We bending adult a few times. About a year ago, we told her we had grown feelings for her, that gathering her off flattering fast. We haven't talked since. She now lives in another state with her boyfriend, and I'm happy for her.

With a holidays here, Dad expects me to go to all of a events and get-togethers. we done adult excuses final year to equivocate them, yet don't cruise we can do that again. we wish to shun a ungainly communication with Emma and her beloved since we still have feelings for her. we don't wish to defect Dad, yet we don't know how to hoop this. Help, please. -- RUNNING FROM THE HOLIDAYS

DEAR RUNNING: You don't have to attend "all" a events and get-togethers, yet we should attend a few. When we do, cruise bringing a crony with we and minimizing a hit we have with Emma and her boyfriend. Observe a amicable amenities, keep a review brief and casual, and combine on a rest of a family.

While a initial hit might be painful, this is no opposite than any other intrigue that didn't work out. The awkwardness will pass if we combine on something else.


DEAR ABBY: we have been vital with my daughter and her family for dual years since we mislaid my job. we don't compensate rent, yet assistance out with a utilities and buy my possess groceries. we also baby-sit for them several days a week. The usually income we have is an estate my father left me to live on, and it is dissipating quickly.

I have met a male and have depressed in adore with him. we devise to pierce in with him soon. The problem is my daughter and son-in-law owe me money. They betrothed it would be repaid, yet when we ask when, they give me a run-around. (They always have income for tattoos, cinema and concerts, though.) They also design me to baby-sit for them on weekends, yet that's a usually time we can see my boyfriend.

How do we tell them we wish to live my possess life? we wish to be giveaway and not have to worry about them wanting me to baby-sit and creation me feel guilty about it. I'm fearful they'll contend that since we lived with them, they no longer owe me a money. we don't know how to tell them though it branch ugly. Any suggestions would be appreciated. -- FRUSTRATED IN K.C., MO.

DEAR FRUSTRATED: we assume your daughter and son-in-law have met your boyfriend? Announce a good news that we will be vital with him; it shouldn't be shocking. Ask again for a income that they owe you. Be pleasant, yet firm, and don't let it expand into an argument. If they contend they don't have it, ask them to pointer (and date) a note earnest to repay it during a after date. That will be your explanation that a loan was extended. If they refuse, with no explanation that we loaned them money, we won't have precedence to force them to compensate up.

As for a baby-sitting, do it when it's available for you. If they wish their "freedom" on some weekends, let them compensate we instead of a sitter and work off partial of their requirement that way. But insist on cash.


Dear Abby is created by Abigail Van Buren, also famous as Jeanne Phillips, and was founded by her mother, Pauline Phillips. Write Dear Abby during or P.O. Box 69440, Los Angeles, CA 90069.


To accept a collection of Abby's many noted -- and many frequently requested -- poems and essays, send a business-sized, self-addressed envelope, and check or income sequence for $6 (U.S. funds) to: Dear Abby -- Keepers Booklet, P.O. Box 447, Mount Morris, IL 61054-0447. (Postage is enclosed in a price.)


News referensi http://news.yahoo.com/man-dreads-holiday-events-wont-very-merry-050104415.html

No comments:

Post a Comment